Welcome to JCW!
James Colemon Wright Middle School is a charter school in the Madison Metropolitan School District. The school was named after one of Madison's civil rights leaders. As one of Madison's schools of choice, Wright was created to provide a middle school option for families in the West High School attendance area. The school follows all MMSD policies and procedures.
What makes Wright unique is its charter agreement with the School Board. The major points of Wright’s Charter are as follows:
- Innovative, flexible approaches to teaching and learning with appropriate integration of technology;
- An environment characterized by challenge, support, choice, and respect;
- Student learning with a social action and citizenship focus;
- A staff that is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate and multicultural curriculum; and
- A staff commitment to on-going professional development.
Our Mission: To successfully educate all students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence required to participate fully in an evolving global society.